Holstein Friesian NZ will be running four judging schools in March 2020. The dates are:
Waikato – Monday 2 March 2020
Shaydoc Ltd, S Caird, 958 Tower Road, Matamata
Taranaki – Tuesday 3 March 2020
G & K Peters, 50 Denbigh Road, Stratford
Nelson/Marlborough – Thursday 5 March 2020
G & A Woolley, 26 Campbells Road, Tuamerina
Canterbury – Friday 6 March 2020
Fairview Holstein Farm, L & A Trounce, 139 Phar Lap Road, Timaru
For members to progress through the judging ranks, the requirements are as follows:
- Associate Judges must attain an 80% pass rate on examination for three attendances within five years, or 85% for two attendances within three years to be upgraded to a Senior Judge, subject to HFNZ Board approval.
- Associate Judges will be removed from the judges list if they do not attend a Judging School for a period of five years.
- Senior Judges must attend at least one judging school every two years to retain Senior Judge status.
- If a Senior Judge is unable to attend a required judging school, they need to write to the Breed Services Administrator prior to the commencement of the judging school, or their name will be placed on the Associate Judges list at the HFNZ Board’s discretion.
- Senior Judges who have at their most recent judging school, scored below 80%, will be required to attend a judging school the following year, and if they again fail to obtain 80%, they will be retired from the Senior Judges list to the Associate Judges list, at the HFNZ Board’s discretion.
Please contact convener Amelia Griffin to advise which school you would like to attend: 021 411 341 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further information please contact the convener, as above, or Sharon Goldsbury: 07 839 9957