Open to members between five and 21 years of age, this competition offers young members the opportunity earn points by entering a photo in the Black & White Photo Competition and submitting a video of them with their calf.
There will be prizes for the first-place getters in each age group, along with the awarding of either the Arapeta (5-14 year olds) or Kingsland (15-21 year olds) Trophy. The overall winner from the Junior and Senior competition will receive a semen voucher sponsored by STgenetics.
- Youth entering this competition must be members of Holstein Friesian New Zealand.
- All calves entering the competition must be registered with Holstein Friesian New Zealand.
- The submission form must contain the entrant’s name, PTPT code, date of birth, and contact details, registered name of calf, lifetime identification (birth ID) and date of birth of calf.
- Points will be awarded to the following age groups: 5-14 years – Arapeta Trophy and 15-21 years – Kingsland Trophy. The age of the entrant will be as at 1 October 2023. The overall prize will be awarded to the Youth member with the highest points across both age groups annually.
- Points can be obtained through the entrant entering a photo into the Black & White Youth Photo Competition and a video submission.
- Each entrant must submit a 1–2-minute (max 2 minutes) video of them with their calf. The video must contain the following:
- An introduction about entrant
- The entrant should then introduce their calf, including the breeding i.e., dam/sire
- Details of the work the entrant has done with their calf to get the animal ready for showing
- The entrant should show themselves leading and standing their calf
- In the event of a tie, a count-back system will be used to determine the winner: photo competition winner.
- The closing date for submitting the completed form and video is 3 May 2024.
- Photo competition entries close 31 March 2024.
- The winners will be announced at the Holstein Friesian New Zealand Annual Conference annually.
Black & White Youth Photo Competition
Participation 3 points
1st place 6 points
2nd place 5 points
3rd place 4 points
4th place 3 points
5th place 2 points
6th place 1 point
Participation 3 points
1st place 10 points
2nd place 9 points
3rd place 8 points
4th place 7 points
5th place 6 points
6th place 5 points
All NZ Black & White Youth Calf Class Competition Entry Form
Fields marked with an * are required.