Photos are judged on calf type, background of photo and dress/presentation of handler. The competition is divided into two classes.
Junior (14 years and under as at 1 October 2021)
Senior (15-21 years as at 1 October 2021)
- Entrants must be financial members of Holstein Friesian New Zealand.
- The heifer calf is to be under 12 months of age at the time the photograph is taken.
- The competition is divided into two classes. Junior members – 14 years and under as at 1 October 2021. Senior members – under 21 years as at 1 October 2021.
- The youth member is to be holding the calf in the photo and must be visible in the photo.
- If printed, two copies of one ‘6 x 4’ photograph need to be submitted. If electronic entry the photo must be in .jpg format and a minimum of 2MB – a printing fee will apply.
- All photos must be full colour. Digital enhancements and alterations to the photo are strictly prohibited, including false backgrounds.
- Photos taken by a professional photographer are not eligible for entry.
- Youth members are restricted to one entry each.
- All entries must be registered Holstein Friesian with a minimum of F12.
- All results are available for publication.
Black & White Youth Photo Competition Entry Form
Fields marked with an * are required.