The Superior Production Award is for cows whose seasonal production is significantly superior to her age group average or her lifetime production exceeds set limits.
- Any registered Holstein Friesian cow shall be eligible to be nominated for a Superior Production Award, provided that she is owned by a member of the Association at the time of application.
- A cow can be nominated for a Superior Production Award for up to 12 months after her death.
- A cow may qualify for a Superior Production Award on either condition (A) or (B) outlined below.
- A. Seasonal Production
- If a cow has compiled five production records (not necessarily consecutively) of 100kg fat or 100kg protein for no more than 305 days per lactation above the breed average* for her age, or LW 235 for the five lactations.
- *Breed averages for each age group each season can be located in the front of the Holstein Friesian New Zealand Performance Register.
- B. Lifetime Production
- If a cow has compiled a lifetime total of at least 2,300kg fat or 1,840kg protein, including excess, or PW 120/80, over eight lactations.