Applications are now open for the 2023 European Young Breeders’ School Trip, organised by Holstein Friesian NZ. The annual school is held in Battice, Belgium and will run from August 30 – September 3 in 2023.
Leadership and personal development are at the heart of New Zealand’s Black & White Youth programme.
“Attending EYBS will enable participants to further develop their leadership skills and forge friendships that will last a lifetime,” said Rachel Stewart, who will lead the team.
“This trip will play a pivotal role in developing and broadening the horizons of emerging leaders in New Zealand’s dairy industry.”
Young men and women representing all dairy breeds are encouraged to apply. They must be aged 18-25 as at July 31, 2023. The Holstein Friesian New Zealand appointed selection panel will review all applications, and short list no less than five applicants to be interviewed, prior to the final team selection taking place.
Applications have closed for the 2023 trip.
This trip cannot go ahead without the support of generous sponsors. Support our New Zealand team by becoming a sponsor. There are three tiers of sponsorship available to choose from. Click here to view the options.
- The successful applicants will be aged between 18-25 years of age as at the 31 July 2023.
- The successful applicants must be available to visit Europe during the approximate period of the school being 28 August – 9 September 2023 (the exact dates to be confirmed).
- It is anticipated that the successful applicants will be provided with travel, accommodation and school registration costs, however in the event that Holstein Friesian New Zealand is not able to raise enough sponsorship to completely cover the trip cost, the successful applicants may be asked to contribute to their costs.
- Expenses of a personal nature will be the responsibility of the successful applications, including travel insurance.
- The Holstein Friesian New Zealand appointed selection panel will review all applications, and short list no less than 5 applicants to be interviewed, prior to the final team selection taking place.
- Successful applicants must hold a valid passport that will not expire within 6 months of the departure date from New Zealand. A copy must be provided with this application.
- The successful applicants will be required to sign a HFNZ Code of Conduct form for the trip to Europe, as they will be representing Holstein Friesian New Zealand and the wider NZ dairy industry.
- The successful applicants agree to all photographs and publicity around the trip being promoted via social and print media.
NZ European Young Breeders School Trip application form
Fields marked with an * are required. Please fill out a separate entry form for each entry.