Are you having your Holstein Friesian cows’ traits other than production (TOP) assessed this spring?
There are a couple of important things to remember to help ensure an efficient classification tour for our inspectors:
- Ensure your records are up to date, which includes entering all calvings into the database and tagging of your 2-year-old heifers.
- Synchronise your records 48 hours prior to the inspector’s arrival.
- If you are inspecting 2-year-olds for TOP/classification, all Holstein Friesian animals within your 2-year-old age group must be put forward.
- Heifers will not be TOP inspected unless they have been calved for 14 days or more. To ensure we get all 2-year-olds, please make sure you present all 2-year-olds to the inspector, as the new system will record those that are within 14 days of calving.
- Animals must be inspected on a concrete surface.
- Health and Safety of the TOP inspector is the responsibility of the farm, from the time they enter the property until they leave.
Remember, if you are a Holstein Friesian NZ member and classifying for the first time you will receive a 15% discount.